Core-Admin Installer error -- cursor.curs_set(0) -- Problems with Bitvise -- Solved

Hi

When I run ./core-admin-installer.py I get the following error:
Exception caught while processing menu, error was: curs_set() returned ERR Traceback (most recent call last): File “./core-admin-installer.py”, line 3879, in curses.curs_set (0) error: curs_set() returned ERR

Thank you

Hello,
What do you get if you run the following?

echo $LANG

Does it work if you run your installer with:

LANG=C ./core-admin-installer.py

Hi

echo $LANG gives:
en_GB.UTF-8

Running the installer with LANG=C ./core-admin-installer.py still gives:
Exception caught while processing menu, error was: curs_set() returned ERR Traceback (most recent call last): File “./core-admin-installer.py”, line 3879, in curses.curs_set (0) error: curs_set() returned ERR

Hi,

It seems the terminal you are using does not support cursor-invisible attribute as described by:

We have updated installer to detect and only use it if it is present. Can you try again but downloading newly updated with:

# rm -f core-admin-installer.py
# wget https://core-admin.com/downloads/core-admin-installer.py
# chmod +x core-admin-installer.py
# ./core-admin-installer.py

Lets see if it works now

Hi

Yes I think that’s working now, the Select installtion option menu has appeared so I can select 1) install core-admin server

The screen is a bit garbled, I will probably have to try a different SSH client.

Thank you for your assistance.

Nice!

It seems the problem is more releated with the terminal than the particular ssh client.
Just to help others, what terminal are you using? (Gnome-Terminal, SecureCRT…)

Does it have any effect using a different ssh client?

Let us know your progress,
Best Regards

I’m using Bitvise SSH client on Windows 10, I’m not entirely sure what the terminal is, here’s the terminal tab:
terminal-tab

I have installed Putty, everything is readable using that.

Thank you

I have asked around here but nobody have used Bitvise, though it should work without issue. We will give it a try to see if we can reproduce the problem.

In Linux, you have terminals (the window) and ssh clients (protocol and terminal control) that can be combined according to your preferences. I didn’t realize that in Windows these two components are combined into a single element that provides together SSH+Terminal…

Good to know it works (somehow :slight_smile: ) with Putty. It would be great to have it working with Bitvise too…